Who hasn't ever had a little love handles on their arms or underarms? It's not a bad thing, in fact, most women stand out lumps of axillary f
Who hasn’t ever had a little love handles on their arms or underarms? It’s not a bad thing, in fact, most women stand out lumps of axillary fat because of the breasts. However, when you have more than normal, it becomes annoying and/or unsightly. This type of accumulated fat under the armpits It is usually due to loss of firmness in the muscles, obesity or overweight, or having lost several sizes in a short time. However, there is no need to obsess over it, since there are solutions! And if you don’t know them, don’t worry, in this OneHOWTO article we will explain everything you need to know about how to get rid of accumulated fat in the armpits.
Fat in the armpits: what is it and why does it come out?
have a little fat in the armpits It’s normal and even healthy., especially in women. Nature is wise; The woman’s body tends to have some fat because at some point she may be a mother and the fetus must be as soft and comfortable as possible. Therefore, around the breasts, and more so when they are slightly large, a little fat also accumulates naturally.
However, poor diet, lack of exercise, alcohol and other bad habits can cause excess fat to be created under the armpits.
But you have to know that not always those lumps under the armpits They are caused by fat. It can also be due to slightly more alarming reasons for going to the doctor, such as:
- Polymastia, multiple breast syndrome or supernumerary breasts: is a medical condition that also causes excess breast tissue.
- lipoma: it is a cancerous condition, but harmless. It can be removed easily and without any problem.
- Swelling of the lymph nodes: For some people, it is a chronic condition and therefore their nodes will become very large.
Of course, the cause of underarm moles can also be a simple loss of firmness in our arms (produced by age or lack of exercise) or by obesity or being overweight.
Exercises for sagging armpits
There are different types of exercise that can help you lose armpit fat. The most effective are the following:
- Arm raises with weights. Grab two dumbbells, one in each hand, lean your torso forward and raise and lower your arms to your sides. With this exercise, you will burn the fat in your arms, armpits and chest.
- Push-ups. Doing push-ups will help you strengthen the muscles of your arms, armpits, chest and shoulders, thus eliminating armpit rolls.
- Dumbbell exercises for arms. Grab some dumbbells and do four sets of 10 reps a day. You can vary and choose the way you will lift the weight with your arms. You will see the results in a very short time.
- Walk on your hands in a side plank. Lie face down without touching the ground, supporting yourself with your hands and the balls of your feet. Roll sideways by opening and closing your legs and crossing your arms. This exercise is ideal for burning fat in the arms, armpits and toning the muscles of the abdomen, limbs and back.
Foods to eliminate fat under the armpits
Some foods and drinks are ideal to help you lose the general fat of your body, and, therefore, your armpits. Next, we detail them:
healthy food for weight loss
- The cinnamon: Various studies in the “Archieves of Internal Medicine” have revealed that 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon tea per day speeds up the metabolism about 20 times more than other products, in addition to lowering blood glucose levels and reducing the appetite.
- bell pepper or chili: According to the National Library of Medicine, the pepper or chili, red pepper and cayenne pepper contain more amounts of vitamin C (essential for weight loss) than oranges and lemons, and also speed up the metabolism, with which the burning of fats is done more quickly.
- grapes and raisins: they are authentic diuretics. Frequent consumption of grapes will help you not only lose weight, but also detoxify and cleanse the body.
- green coffee extract: According to researchers at the University of Scranton (Pennsylvania), this type of coffee has a substance that prevents the body from absorbing all the calories it receives from the carbohydrates and fats we eat.
Drinks that help lose weight
- vegetable juice: it is something very simple and will leave you satiated for hours, thus helping you to eat less.
- White tea: This tea has great purifying effects, which helps the body to remove love handles from the armpits.
- ginger tea: helps to naturally eliminate fat from our body.
- Skim milk: a glass of skim milk a day has the ideal properties to eliminate fat.
- Grapefruit juice: as with skim milk, drinking a glass of juice for several days in a row, we will be able to get rid of the fat and see results in a very short time.
- Papaya juice: not so much to lose weight, but to avoid gaining more weight. Papaya has papain, an enzyme that prevents fat from accumulating in the body.
- Jamaica’s water: a potentially diuretic drink, which is perfect for losing weight. Simply boil some flowers in water and drink the concoction throughout the day.
Remove underarm fat surgically
This is usually the option that is turned to when neither diet nor exercise have worked. There are two types of surgery: liposuction and lipolaser.
- The underarm liposuction It is performed under local anesthesia, since it is considered a mini-liposuction or a minimally invasive aesthetic touch-up. Generally, patients can resume their daily activities the next day, as recovery is immediate. The price of armpit liposuction will depend on the clinic you go to, but it can be between €1,000 and €4,000.
- lipolaser: the laser in the armpits has the advantage that it allows to burn the fats in a single session. And the best thing is that, in addition to eliminating localized fat, lipolaser techniques reduce the skin to adapt it to the new shape of your body.
How to hide underarm fat in women
We know that not everyone can afford to go under the knife and that many don’t even have time to exercise, so in OneHOWTO we’ll give you some tricks to hide armpit fat:
- The key is in the bra. If we use a small cup for our chest, it will stick out slightly and, therefore, the folds of the armpits will be more pronounced. Using a slightly larger cup will help us hide the rolls under the armpits.
- It is also essential wear wide shirts, of those that are not squeezed in the area of the armpits and chest. Thus, those annoying axillary folds will hardly be seen.
How to hide underarm fat in men
Calm down, men, we have also thought of you. From unCOMO we leave you three tips to hide fat under the armpits:
- As in women, use a wide shirt (ideally one or two sizes larger than yours) can help hide those bulges under your armpits.
- In case of having a very pronounced axillary fat, avoid wearing tank tops in summer.
- Also, in very extreme cases, you can wrap your chest with bandagestaking good care of the love handles under the armpits, to flatten and hide that area as much as possible.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to get rid of accumulated fat in the armpitswe recommend that you enter our Weight and body image category.