The space between the legs or also known by the name thigh gap it is a hollow that is created in the inner part of the thighs when a person st
The space between the legs or also known by the name thigh gap it is a hollow that is created in the inner part of the thighs when a person stands in a straight position with the feet together. While some women, due to genetics, have that hollow in the thighs without having to make any effort, others must follow a strict diet and a series of exercises that can help achieve it.
In this Be Special Lady article we inform you about how to have space between the legs or thigh gap through a series of recommendations that will help you achieve it. However, remember that you must take it easy and not commit any type of excess, since, in this way, you will only get serious health problems.
Set yourself realistic goals
Even if you follow a diet and a series of exercises to lose inches between your thighs, you should know that this is not an achievement that is achieved overnight. If you want to have real results, it is important that prepare yourself mentally, as it can take months to get it. There are people, who for genetic reasons, find it more difficult to have that space between the legs. It is because of that you should not obsess with achieving this goal, since you could commit something crazy like stop eating or have a physical injury due to overexertion.
Therefore, it is important that you stay motivated and consider this physical challenge, not to look more attractive, but to acquire healthy lifestyle habits.
Eliminate junk food from your diet to achieve the gap between the thighs
Instead of following a diet where we eat less, we should try to remove food rich in sugars and fats from our eating habits and replace them with healthy foods. These are the two groups of foods you should start cutting out if you want your legs to look further apart:
- hydrogenated fats: are found mainly in the fast food, processed foods, in fried foods and in some foods such as butter and industrial pastries. In addition to making us fat, an excess of trans fats can cause heart problems and very high levels of bad cholesterol.
- Sugar: This processed ingredient is dangerous for our health, since it provides too many calories and practically has no nutritional value. Try replacing it with natural seasonings like stevia and honey.
Include more foods with fiber
Fiber is very useful in any diet to lose weight, since it has satiating properties That considerably reduces our appetite. Include these foods on your shopping list:
- Vegetables and fruits: you can choose the ones you like the most, be it apples, celery, cabbage, orange, pears, watermelon, spinach and others.
- Whole grains: you should replace white bread and other flours with whole-grain breads such as rye or soybeans and also consume both rice and whole-grain pasta.
- Nuts: never take them with salt or roasted. You should consume natural nuts such as almonds, walnuts and pistachios.
Foods with fat burning properties
Certain foods contain properties that will help us speed up our metabolism and, therefore, burn more fat, among them, those that are stored between our thighs. Include some of these foods in your meal plan:
- Vegetables: apples, blueberries, pomegranates and goji berries.
- Cereals: oatmeal, buckwheat and quinoa.
- Protein foods: eggs, lentils, salmon and sardines.
- lean meats such as chicken, turkey and rabbit.
- Other foods like olive oil Y natural yogurts.
Also, discover in the following article which are the best infusions to burn fat.
4 exercises to get space between the legs or Thigh Gap
Next, we propose four exercises that you should do at least 3 or 4 times a week in 3 series of 15 repetitions each. When you have passed the first month of exercise, you should increase the intensity to 20 repetitions in each series. It is important that before starting the exercises, you warm up with cardiovascular exercises and finish the sessions with 10 minutes of stretching.
Exercise 1: squats
To do this exercise correctly, you must hold on to a bar or chair that allows you to maintain your balance. When you’re ready, drop back as if you were going to sit down by squeezing your glutes and moving slowly. You should bend down to the height of your knees, and then slowly return to your starting position.
Exercise 2: approach of the legs
For this exercise, you should be lying on your back with your legs stretched out and straight up as well and your hands below your hips. When you are in that position, slowly spread your legs as far as you can. Then, you must return to the starting position without touching your ankles. For this exercise to be more effective, you must control your breathing through the abdomen: breathe in as you lower your legs and breathe out as you raise them back up.
Exercise 3: Cross Leg Raises
Lie down again but this time on your side, supporting your body on one elbow and hips. Now, you should stretch the leg that is closest to the ground and pass the other one over it. When you are in that position, slowly raise your stretched leg as far as you can and lower it again without resting it on the ground.
Exercise 4: movements
Stand up again and with one leg you have to take a step backwards bending your legs without touching the ground with your knees. When you finish the repetitions with one leg, start doing them with the other.
To have a gap between your thighs, you can also put into practice the tips that we show in the article How to burn fat from your legs.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to have space between the legs or Thigh Gapwe recommend that you enter our Weight and body image category.